Several crankshaft milling machines (GFM) are available for the pre-machining of forged blanks in a variety of different dimensions. Rotating milling machines with two milling spindles specially developed for crankshaft production make highly productive processing possible.
The finish-machining department has several CNC-processing centres available for turning, milling, turn-milling, drilling, deep-hole drilling and grinding. Our rotary milling machines, in particular, make it possible to finish-machine a crankshaft in one clamping device.
Furthermore, on our special CNC grinding machine it is possible to finish-grind all connecting- and pin-bearing pivots as well as shaft ends with flanges and cones.
Crankshafts for 4-stroke engines
- Crank radius: max. 450 mm
- Bearing diameter: 100 to 480 mm
- Swing diameter: max. 1,300 mm
- Total length: 1,500 to 13,000 mm
- Finished weight: max. 25,000 kg
Crankshafts for compressors, pumps and eccentric shafts
Using our special machinery and working in collaboration with our affiliated company Schmiedewerke Gröditz GmbH we are in a position to manufacture pre-finished crankshafts and eccentric shafts in the following base dimensions:
- Total length: min. 1,500 mm*
- Swing diameter: max. 1,300 mm*
- Finished weight: min. 1,500 kg*
*Different dimensions and weights are to be checked separately Production is carried out according to customers’ drawings and specifications.
Refinishing & service
Turning, milling, turn-milling, drilling and multi-lateral machining can be executed with our state-of-the-art rotating milling machines. Cylindrical grinding is also possible in the context of refinishing work.
- Customer-specific consulting as regards crankshaft design aimed at minimising manufacturing costs
- Assembly of counter-weights, flanges and other attachment parts
- After-sales service for reconditioning crankshafts depending on evaluation of wastage or damage
- Non-destructive tests